As the world slowly beings to re-open for international travel, FACT’s Soraya Jouzy has five handy wellbeing travel tips to help you stay refreshed and relaxed
- This may be your first time travelling for over 1.5 and you might be feeling apprehensive. Breathing techniques throughout the travelling day really help to focus and control nerves. The 7/11 technique involves breathing in for a count of seven, then breathing out for a count of 11. Make sure when you’re breathing in, you take deep breaths so that your diaphragm moves down and pushes your stomach out as you take in a breath. Counting up to 7/11 is a distraction technique more than anything and will take your mind off any immediate concerns.
- Exercise on the plane. Remember to move whilst keeping your face mask on, walk up and down the aisle, and carry out some easy yoga stretches in your seat. Placing a travel acupuncture mat and laying your feet on it, helps with blood circulation.
- Hydration is key. It’s a well known fact that flying ages you as it dehydrates your skin. Before flying, ensure to layer skincare products all over your face and body that will help to nourish your skin. Some key ingredients to look out for include coconut oil, argan oil, jojoba oil , shea butter and hyaluronic acid. We’d also recommend drinking lots of water throughout the plane journey.
- One of our favourite parts of flying is applying facial masks. Over the last couple of years, we’re happy to see the increase of master masking on the plane, making us not the only alien-looking passenger. The best time to mask is during the last 30 minutes of the plane journey when you’re awake and your headphones are returned, sit back and relax and skin prep before you land. In our travel bag you’ll find a 111SKIN Y theorem bio-cellulose face mask and the nano gold Knesko Skin marine collagen eye and lip masks, filled with Hylaronic acid aloe vera to keep your face hydrated and firm.
- For those who enjoy the window seat while gazing out at the clouds and view, you will need to ensure you’re wearing an SPF factor 50 for your face. Coola and Supergoop leading organic sunscreen skincare brands not only protect but nourishes your skin at the same time.
Bon voyage and remember to stay mindful.